Course funding from the Jobcenter
The Jobcenter (at your place of residence) can fund your professional qualification if respective requirements are met. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis by the Jobcenter counsellor.
The Jobcenter can issue education vouchers for all AZAV-certified FIA courses ("Intensive Course Preparation Professional Language Test" and "Intensive Course Preparation Professional Knowledge Test").
Get in touch with the Jobcenter responsible for you by sending an e-mail, which states that you want to apply for an education voucher for the course “abc” at the Freiburg International Academy gGmbH, training center xyz and ask what proof/ documents you need to provide. Also, ask for contact details of an official in charge.
You will find your Jobcenter’s e-mail address online. If not, contact your FIA funding team or your personal contact person, we are glad to help you.
An education voucher covers the entire course fees. Travel costs and test fees are not included in the education voucher. However, you may receive individual support. Please ask your official in charge at the Jobcenter.
- Place of residence in Germany
- Valid visa/ residence permit: granting of residence by supreme state authorities; admission based on special political interests; resettlement of persons seeking protection (§ 23), residence for humanitarian reasons (§ 25)
- Proof of recognition procedure (e.g. receipt)
Get in touch with the Jobcenter 6 weeks before course commencement. (Some Jobcenters also provide funding up to one or two weeks before commencement. Be sure to contact the Jobcenter responsible for you and ask.)
Due to restrictions during the coronavirus crisis currently following possibilities are available to you for registering your personal data:
- online: https://anmeldung.arbeitsagentur.de/portal
- Via the Federal Employment Agency hotline: +49 (0)800 4 5555-00 (free of charge)
Subsequently, you will receive a customer number in the mail; you will always need to provide this number.
Send combined photocopies of all the requested proof/ documents via e-mail to your personal official in charge or to the Jobcenter’s general e-mail address at your place of residency (where you are registered). Do not forget to include your customer number.
The requested proof may vary, thus we recommend informing yourself in advance.
- Curriculum Vita (CV)
- Confirmation of registration
- Valid visa/ residence permit
- Language certificate (B2 or professional language C1)
- FIA offer letter
- Receipt or recognition letter
- Copy of graduation certificate (German translation)
- When you recieve an education voucher, e-mail a copy or foto to your FIA contact person (team consulting and registration) as soon as possible.
Particularities/ further information
Intensive Course Preparation Dental Knowledge Test in Essen or Heidelberg
Inform your official in charge about the two-week-long practical training in Freiburg. Ask about accommodation and travel costs for Freiburg. Be sure that “nationwide” or “not within daily commuting area” is stated on the education voucher under further education location/ limitations!