Here you can find out everything about the contents for our A2 Language Test at the locations in Freiburg and Hannover.
The test serves to establish general language skills at level A2.
Content and duration
The language test A1 consists of four parts:
Examination part 1
Reading comprehension / Duration: 75 minutes
They read different texts from different areas and answer questions about them (assignment task / right-wrong).
They complete missing sentence elements in two cloze texts (language elements).
Examination part 2
Listening / Duration: 20 minutes
You listen to different conversations and texts. In addition, you answer questions (multiple choice / complete words).
Examination part 3
Written expression / Duration: 45 minutes
You write a letter / e-mail / WhatsApp message on a given topic (topics see vocabulary list). The word count should be at least 80 words.
Examination part 4
Oral expression / Duration: 10 minutes preparation, 15 minutes examination
When speaking orally, you should be able to talk freely (Advantages and disadvantages of verbal expression, justification) and plan something together.
- Modal Verbs
- Separable Verbs
- Reflexive Verbs
- Relative Clauses
- If, than, that, because, since (subjunctions)
- Positive (so), comparative (as), superlative
- Indirect questions
- Infinitive with "zu"
- Subjunctive II
- Verbs / personal pronouns with accusative and dative
- Verbs with prepositional case
- Present, past, Perfect
- Prepositions (with accusative / dative, local, temporal), alternating prepositions
- Concessive information (though), consecutive information (therefore, nevertheless)
- Final information with "um ... zu"
- Leisure time
Examination Board, result, repetition, certificate
The members of the board of examiners (trained language teachers) assess the exam according to a uniform structured scheme. The candidate will be informed promptly about the result. In the case of passing an examination certificate will be issued and the participant can start according to the qualification plan, the continuing course “German for Health Care Professionals B1”. If the language test A2 is not passed, the course “German for Health Care Professionals A2” must be repeated.
- The costs of the first language test are included in the course fees for participants.
- 180,- Euro in case of non-participation in the Compact Course German for Health Care Professionals A2 or in case of a repeat examination of the participants.
Cancellation: Cancellation of an agreed examination date is not possible. The examination costs must be paid in full and cannot be reimbursed.