Here you can find out everything about the contents for our A1 Language Test at the location in Freiburg.
The test serves to establish general language skills at level A1.
Content and duration
The language test A1 consists of four parts:
Examination part 1
Reading comprehension / duration: 45 minutes
You read different texts from different areas and answer questions (multiple choice / right-wrong).
You complete missing sentence elements in two cloze texts (language elements).
Examination part 2
Listening / Duration: 20 minutes
You listen to different conversations and texts. In addition, you answer questions (multiple choice / complete words).
Examination part 3
Written expression / Duration: 25 minutes
You write a letter / e-mail on a given topic (topics see vocabulary list). The word count should be at least 45 words.
Examination part 4
Oral expression / duration: no preparation time, examination 15 minutes
In the oral expression, you should introduce yourself briefly, ask for and give information as well as formulating requests and responding to them.
- The article in nominative and accusative (singular/ plural/ definite/ indefinite)
- Present (conjugate verbs)
- Verbs with / pronouns in accusative, the double nominative
- Verbs with / pronoun in the dative
- Verbs with dative and accusative
- Separable and non-separable verbs
- Modal verbs
- past tense (to be / have / modal verbs)
- Possessive pronouns
- Personal pronouns
- Simple prepositions (temporal / local)
- Causal sentences (because, there)
- Conjunctions (for, but, but, or, or, and)
- Adjectives (comparison)
- Accusative/ Dative Prepositions
- Introduction / Presentation
- Leisure time
- Travel / hotel
- Directions / city orientation
- The everyday life
- The weather / the seasons
- The clothing
- The color
- The transportation
Examination Board, result, repetition, certificate
The members of the board of examiners (trained language teachers) assess the exam according to a uniform structured scheme. The candidate will be informed promptly about the result. In the case of passing an examination certificate will be issued and the participant can start according to the qualification plan, the continuing course “German for Health Care Professionals A2”. If the language test A1 is not passed, the course “German for Health Care Professionals A1” must be repeated.
The test is only available to our continuing education students.
The costs of the examination are included in the course fee (German for Health Care Professionals A1).